Full-figured women rely on High Waisted Black Skinny Jeans jeans as an essential part of their casual attire. There are many varieties and colors of jeans that are available for this group. If you are a plus size lady you can find jeans that are made for your specific body type whether you are tall or short, pear-shaped or well-rounded. There is a jean available that will emphasize your best attributes and camouflage your flaws. The right fitting jean is a great addition to any wardrobe.
It is important to accept the shape and size of your body, and get over the fact that you are not a size 6 or 8, before you go shopping for a pair of jeans. When you do not accept yourself, they are negative thoughts, and they will make you have a negative image about yourself. Focus on the fact that you are a healthy woman. This will make it easier to find a pair of jeans that is so you!
It depends upon the manufacturer, of course, but larger size jeans usually come in sizes 14 to 28. Size 14 in a plus size garment generally corresponds to a 16 regular. Larger size dungarees are offered with “Misses” measurements and with “Junior” measurements. The former term means that the legs are looser, the hip section is wider, and the waistband sits higher than it does in the Juniors.
Jeans in a “junior” cut fit snugly in the leg and sit low on the waist. They are rather form-fitting, and full-figured shoppers should try on both jean cuts, taking into consideration their comfort and style, as well as the look. Model the different cuts in a full-length mirror, or, better yet, a three-way mirror, so that you can evaluate the fit from a number of perspectives. Make sure you are completely satisfied in every way before you buy. There is no best cut-it is a personal choice.
Full figured women who have a “pear” shape prefer boot cut jeans. A pear shaped body can be described as being biggest in the middle section (from the lower part of the stomach to the upper thighs).
Boot cut jeans are popular because they de-emphasize the longer part of the body, which is a slimming look. Boot cut jeans generally look better with shoes with a heel or even platform shoes instead of shoes with a flat heel.
Tapered jeans usually do not look good on a plus size woman and should be avoided, unless you really want to draw attention to the least liked parts of your body. Tapered style bottoms should really be reserved for the very thin girls.
It's hard enough these days to shop for fashionable trendy clothing when you are plus sized, but what about when your in the category of plus size petite? This refers to ladies that are 5' 3" or below but still wear at least a size 14/16.
Usually what will fit in the waist will be to long or vice versa and shopping in the children's section is not something that is an option. Frustrating trips to the store occur when it comes to fashion combined with the fact that there are few plus size stores and even fewer that carry plus size petite styles. So what can you do when shopping for plus size petite sizes? There are a few options that are available to you and for the most part they will not break your budget.
- Alterations - I list this first because many years ago you couldn't go into any department store and purchase something that didn't have to be altered. Some stores still offer free alterations with purchase. If not then there are plenty of seamtresses that can help you out. If this is not in your budget then learning to sew yourself is another option. Men have been getting there clothes altered for hundreds of years there is nothing that says women can't do the same.
- Age appropriate clothes - If you are in your thirties then dressing like the teenagers is not something that you want to do especially if you work in an office setting. Make sure that you always buy clothing that is appropriate for your age. Today that doesn't mean that you have to be frumpy with the vast selection of clothes available to plus size women.
- Bulk shopping - It's hard enough to find petite plus size clothing as is so when you find things in your size that fit in the waist and inseam buy more than one item. Take advantage of any sales that are online so that you can get the biggest bang for your buck.
- Be Adventurous - Just because you like pastels doesn't mean that your entire wardrobe should be made up of it. Mix up the solids and prints in your wardrobe to show off your hips curves and other good points.
- High Heels - High heeled shoes are your friend. Not only can they complete an outfit but they can give you an extra inch or two or five for those that are self conscious about there height. Note: For the most part for plus size women I dont recommend wearing a heel more than two inches in height but it is really up to your individual tastes.
Shopping tip: Buying online you are more likely to find sizes and styles that are not available in the walk in stores.
The right pair of denim jeans may be the single most important piece of clothing in your wardrobe and will without a doubt be the most versatile piece in your collection. Plus size denim lines are ever increasing and the trend focused options available in standard sizing are rapidly becoming available for the plus size community. From your favorite tee to a kimono top, your entire look can be changed without ever taking off your denim. However, what looks stylish and sexy on one woman, makes another one look frumpy or outdated. So, how do you know what's right for you? Below are some basic guidelines to follow when shopping for the perfect piece of denim.
The golden rule is: Know what thyself is workin with! If you got it flaunt it, accentuate the positives. Booty like J Lo? Mile long legs? These are the features you want to accentuate. Work with different washes and of the minute denim shapes like boot-cut and wide leg that enhance your favorite features.
What is your body style? Wide Hips, avoid the temptation of drowning yourself in relaxed fit jeans, they will only add inches where you're trying to lose them. Instead draw the eye down and balance the body with a pair of slight flare boot-cut jeans in a mid rise that's fitted throughout the hips. If you have short legs, make sure you pay attention to the length; this is one of the most important aspects when choosing a pair of jeans. Denim should be about a half of an inch above the ground when wearing heels or flats. Darker washes, with a front crease from the knee to the hem, also elongate your legs. A new option re-emerging is the higher waist trouser jean, which not only slims, but creates the illusion of mile long legs. Girls with a boyish figure or a body style considered to be rectangular will want to opt for a cut that will add the illusion of having curves, such as a mid-rise flare leg jean, where the denim is fitted through the hips and thigh, with the flare beginning above the knee.
The devil is in the details; you will want to consider different details of the jean itself. A fan of distressing and aged denim? Make sure not to go overboard. Extreme fading or jeans that appear to be destroyed may be popular with 15 year old pop tarts, but in reality can look tacky and dated. Dark denim in a crisp shape is always chic, as is a medium wash with well placed whiskering. Pay attention to pocket shape and angle. Hexagonal shapes that angle in towards the center tend to work best in creating a heart shaped booty for any body. Pockets placed slightly higher on the tush tend to make a flat booty look perkier and higher. Flap, or cargo pockets, also add some oomph to a small tush. Long pockets that pass the bottom of the tush are fantastic for shaping and lifting an ample booty. Avoid excess fading on the butt and the thighs, as they will make these areas look larger. Also pay attention to a lot of whiskering around the zipper area, which can also accentuate the hips. When considering rise, most women will be best served by a mid rise (a few inches below your belly button).
When choosing the right pair of plus size denim know your body type first and foremost, it is the basis of your search. Know which styles will work with your type and most importantly, what makes you feel fabulous.
Women are just like fine wine. As they get older, more mature, and more beautiful, their inner woman seems to gain a sense of assured confidence, brought on by the years of experience in life. I have always admired women over 50 who carry their age with a sense of pride, style and class.
As women get older their sense of fashion seems to mature along with them. What is trendy and 'in fashion' might not necessarily be the apparel of choice any longer. Why does this happen? Probably as women get busier and have more responsibilities they seem to opt for items which are comfortable to work in not necessarily stylish.
However I think women should not give up their sense of style, just because their day got busier and a few gray hairs are showing up here and there. On the other hand as women get older they should adjust to their age, by choosing items of clothing which enhance their beauty and their figure.
Plus size women who are over 50 have every reason to dress in a stylish manner. Stores which cater for their needs might not necessarily be easily available, that is true. However that is no reason to compromise. Especially with the Internet being so widely available these days, a multitude of store are suddenly available to cater for a mature plus size woman's needs. For instance store like Ulla Popken and Junonia have a great selection of plus size clothing available which is great for the mature woman's needs. Prices are reasonable and sizes are vast.
Mature plus size ladies should be careful to choose items which make the most of their curves, and also their age. Some tips to abide by are the following -
1. Be careful to choose the right size to fit your body. Don't go for items which fit too tightly, the idea if for clothing to hug your body so that is gives it definition and enhances the curves. Choosing items which are too tight will not look too classy. At the same times items which are too baggy should also be avoided. Your dress of choice does not have to look like a tent! Just because you're plus size, does not mean you have to hide your body. Show off those beautiful curves in a classy and chic manner.
2. Avoid fussy prints. Fussy fabrics have the tendency to make plus size women look even bigger. While we are proud of our curves, the clothing we choose should make the most of our full figures, enhancing them instead of giving them wrong definition.
3. Stick to classic designs and clean cuts. Just as fussy printed fabrics make us look a little bit bigger, so do fussy designs. For example avoid too much frill and things of the sort. Such clothing does not help define a full figured body to the best of it's shape. Instead stick clean cuts and classic designs which work best for our curves.
4. Try and avoid wearing anything that is too short. If you have beautiful legs, be proud of them and by all mean show them off whenever you get a chance however, do this with taste, style and moderation. Do wear skirts and shorts. However avoid anything that is too short.
5. As we get older, some parts of our body tend to lose some of that useful gravity. This is nothing to worry about, as when choosing clothes and underwear with good support, things can be kept up to the necessary heights at all times. However I would suggest not to exposure the arms too much.
Being over 50 does not mean women have to give up on having a sense of style. Especially not plus size women! On the other hand women should make the most of this time in their life. With the right clothes any plus size lady who is over 50 can look and feel like a million dollars!