Full-figured women rely on Black Jeans Men jeans as an essential part of their casual attire. There are many varieties and colors of jeans that are available for this group. If you are a plus size lady you can find jeans that are made for your specific body type whether you are tall or short, pear-shaped or well-rounded. There is a jean available that will emphasize your best attributes and camouflage your flaws. The right fitting jean is a great addition to any wardrobe.
It is important to accept the shape and size of your body, and get over the fact that you are not a size 6 or 8, before you go shopping for a pair of jeans. When you do not accept yourself, they are negative thoughts, and they will make you have a negative image about yourself. Focus on the fact that you are a healthy woman. This will make it easier to find a pair of jeans that is so you!
It depends upon the manufacturer, of course, but larger size jeans usually come in sizes 14 to 28. Size 14 in a plus size garment generally corresponds to a 16 regular. Larger size dungarees are offered with “Misses” measurements and with “Junior” measurements. The former term means that the legs are looser, the hip section is wider, and the waistband sits higher than it does in the Juniors.
Jeans in a “junior” cut fit snugly in the leg and sit low on the waist. They are rather form-fitting, and full-figured shoppers should try on both jean cuts, taking into consideration their comfort and style, as well as the look. Model the different cuts in a full-length mirror, or, better yet, a three-way mirror, so that you can evaluate the fit from a number of perspectives. Make sure you are completely satisfied in every way before you buy. There is no best cut-it is a personal choice.
Full figured women who have a “pear” shape prefer boot cut jeans. A pear shaped body can be described as being biggest in the middle section (from the lower part of the stomach to the upper thighs).
Boot cut jeans are popular because they de-emphasize the longer part of the body, which is a slimming look. Boot cut jeans generally look better with shoes with a heel or even platform shoes instead of shoes with a flat heel.
Tapered jeans usually do not look good on a plus size woman and should be avoided, unless you really want to draw attention to the least liked parts of your body. Tapered style bottoms should really be reserved for the very thin girls.
If you buy jeans which are a good fit, you'll look great and the same applies to plus size women, but you need to shop in the right places. So, follow this guide to where to buy the best fitting jeans for women.
Of course, you can go to your local shopping mall and there will be plenty of places selling jeans in all different shapes and sizes, but many women prefer to do their shopping online in the comfort of their own homes, and without the hassle and embarrassment of communal changing rooms.
Another advantage of online stores is that they don't have the overheads of retail shops and they can buy in great quantity as they're servicing the whole country, so, very often, they pass on their savings to their customers. In addition, they can afford to stock a greater range of products so you get a better choice.
Consequently I've chosen only online stores which specialise in plus size clothing as you'll get a much better fit and range of sizes than from stores which cater for all sizes.
The down side of shopping on the internet is that you may be sending your hard-earned cash to some scammer, but the stores I'm recommending are reputable and you'll be sure to find the best fitting jeans for women.
1. Addition Elle - Addition Elle has a wide variety of jeans with a fairly good range of colours. Sizes range from 14 to XP and they do provide a useful size and fit guide. Once you get the jeans page up on your screen you can get a quick preview of any single one so you don't have to mess around changing pages. Prices are mid range. The catalogue will filter by size, colour, price, fit and brand.
2. Penningtons - Penningtons offer a slightly narrower range of jeans with fewer colours than Addition Elle in a similar price range. Sizes go from X to 28P.
3. Amazon.com - Amazon have a huge range of plus size jeans where you're sure to find the best fitting jeans for women of all ages. They carry the top brands such as Not Your Daughter's Jeans, Levi's, Lee, Woman Within and Wallflower. Prices range from around $20 into the $200 area so you pay your money and take your choice.
4. Delia's - Delia's catalogue is easy to use as you can filter it by fit, leg style, wash and length. However, the size range is limited as plus sizes only go from 17 to 20 but there's a really great selection of colours and styles. Prices are low to medium.
Of course there are plenty of retail stores with an online presence such as Fashion Bug, Torrid and Lane Bryant plus a whole lot more.
The right pair of denim jeans may be the single most important piece of clothing in your wardrobe and will without a doubt be the most versatile piece in your collection. Plus size denim lines are ever increasing and the trend focused options available in standard sizing are rapidly becoming available for the plus size community. From your favorite tee to a kimono top, your entire look can be changed without ever taking off your denim. However, what looks stylish and sexy on one woman, makes another one look frumpy or outdated. So, how do you know what's right for you? Below are some basic guidelines to follow when shopping for the perfect piece of denim.
The golden rule is: Know what thyself is workin with! If you got it flaunt it, accentuate the positives. Booty like J Lo? Mile long legs? These are the features you want to accentuate. Work with different washes and of the minute denim shapes like boot-cut and wide leg that enhance your favorite features.
What is your body style? Wide Hips, avoid the temptation of drowning yourself in relaxed fit jeans, they will only add inches where you're trying to lose them. Instead draw the eye down and balance the body with a pair of slight flare boot-cut jeans in a mid rise that's fitted throughout the hips. If you have short legs, make sure you pay attention to the length; this is one of the most important aspects when choosing a pair of jeans. Denim should be about a half of an inch above the ground when wearing heels or flats. Darker washes, with a front crease from the knee to the hem, also elongate your legs. A new option re-emerging is the higher waist trouser jean, which not only slims, but creates the illusion of mile long legs. Girls with a boyish figure or a body style considered to be rectangular will want to opt for a cut that will add the illusion of having curves, such as a mid-rise flare leg jean, where the denim is fitted through the hips and thigh, with the flare beginning above the knee.
The devil is in the details; you will want to consider different details of the jean itself. A fan of distressing and aged denim? Make sure not to go overboard. Extreme fading or jeans that appear to be destroyed may be popular with 15 year old pop tarts, but in reality can look tacky and dated. Dark denim in a crisp shape is always chic, as is a medium wash with well placed whiskering. Pay attention to pocket shape and angle. Hexagonal shapes that angle in towards the center tend to work best in creating a heart shaped booty for any body. Pockets placed slightly higher on the tush tend to make a flat booty look perkier and higher. Flap, or cargo pockets, also add some oomph to a small tush. Long pockets that pass the bottom of the tush are fantastic for shaping and lifting an ample booty. Avoid excess fading on the butt and the thighs, as they will make these areas look larger. Also pay attention to a lot of whiskering around the zipper area, which can also accentuate the hips. When considering rise, most women will be best served by a mid rise (a few inches below your belly button).
When choosing the right pair of plus size denim know your body type first and foremost, it is the basis of your search. Know which styles will work with your type and most importantly, what makes you feel fabulous.
It's hard enough these days to shop for fashionable trendy clothing when you are plus sized, but what about when your in the category of plus size petite? This refers to ladies that are 5' 3" or below but still wear at least a size 14/16.
Usually what will fit in the waist will be to long or vice versa and shopping in the children's section is not something that is an option. Frustrating trips to the store occur when it comes to fashion combined with the fact that there are few plus size stores and even fewer that carry plus size petite styles. So what can you do when shopping for plus size petite sizes? There are a few options that are available to you and for the most part they will not break your budget.
- Alterations - I list this first because many years ago you couldn't go into any department store and purchase something that didn't have to be altered. Some stores still offer free alterations with purchase. If not then there are plenty of seamtresses that can help you out. If this is not in your budget then learning to sew yourself is another option. Men have been getting there clothes altered for hundreds of years there is nothing that says women can't do the same.
- Age appropriate clothes - If you are in your thirties then dressing like the teenagers is not something that you want to do especially if you work in an office setting. Make sure that you always buy clothing that is appropriate for your age. Today that doesn't mean that you have to be frumpy with the vast selection of clothes available to plus size women.
- Bulk shopping - It's hard enough to find petite plus size clothing as is so when you find things in your size that fit in the waist and inseam buy more than one item. Take advantage of any sales that are online so that you can get the biggest bang for your buck.
- Be Adventurous - Just because you like pastels doesn't mean that your entire wardrobe should be made up of it. Mix up the solids and prints in your wardrobe to show off your hips curves and other good points.
- High Heels - High heeled shoes are your friend. Not only can they complete an outfit but they can give you an extra inch or two or five for those that are self conscious about there height. Note: For the most part for plus size women I dont recommend wearing a heel more than two inches in height but it is really up to your individual tastes.
Shopping tip: Buying online you are more likely to find sizes and styles that are not available in the walk in stores.